SpeedBox2 for Yamaha PW-X
Speed limiter: removed
Display shows: real values
Activated by: WALK button
Necessary need of diagnostics during installation: NO
SpeedBox2 for Yamaha PW-X is revolutionary processor-controlled module what removes the speed limiter of your electric bike. Display shows real values! Values such as maximum speed, average speed, daily mileage and range are displayed correctly
The SpeedBox2 is activated by briefly pressing the WALK button located on the front of the control panel. After pressing this button, the current speed of 9.9 km/h is displayed on the control panel for about 2 seconds. This means that the SpeedBox2 is activated, and the motor support of the electric bike now works up to a speed of 50 km/h. When the WALK is pressed again, the current speed of 2.5 km/h is displayed. This means that the SpeedBox2 is deactivated, and everything works as it would if it weren't installed. The motor support of the electric bike now works up to a speed of 25 km/h.
Please note that the operation of such modified electric bikes on roads may be in conflict with the applicable legislation in some countries. The manufacturer takes no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of SpeedBox or SpeedBox2 products. It is not allowed to use electric bikes equipped with SpeedBox or SpeedBox2 products on roads, bike paths and in public spaces. Electric bikes equipped with SpeedBox or SpeedBox2 products can be used exclusively on one's own property and entirely on one's own responsibility. Using SpeedBox and/or SpeedBox2 may be lost warranty of your ebike.
Installation of SpeedBox2 for Yamaha:
1. Remove the battery from the electric bike.
2. Loosen the 6 bolts holding the motor's plastic cover.
3. Slightly loosen the 1 screw holding the motor at the lowest position but do not pull it out!
4. Loosen and remove the two bolts holding the motor on the top positions.
5. Tilt the motor downwards.
6. Disconnect the speed sensor connector and the connector leading to the display.
7. Connect the SpeedBox2 to the disconnected connectors.
8. Put the SpeedBox2 into the frame tube.
9. Pivot the motor upward towards the frame.
10. Screw in the three bolts holding the motor and tighten them. Ideally, the torque wrench should be set to the torque specified on the bolt washer.
11. Put the motor's plastic cover on, and screw it back on with six bolts.
12. Put the battery back into the electric bike.
Operation of SpeedBox2 for Yamaha:
1. Turn on the electric bike.
2. Activation and deactivation is performed using the button for lighting located on the handlebars.
3. When you turn on the electric bike, the SpeedBox2 is always off.
4. The first time the lighting button is pressed, the current speed of 5.0 km/h will be displayed for three seconds on the display. This means that the device is active and your bike can go at speeds up to 50 km/h.
5. The second time the lighting button is pressed the display shows 2.5 km/h, which means that the SpeedBox2 is deactivated and motor support is only active up to a speed of 25 km/h.
1. Make sure that the use of SpeedBox products is not in conflict with the applicable legislation of the country in which you will use your electric bike.
2. Be aware of your surroundings when riding.
3. The manufacturer bears no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of SpeedBox and SpeedBox2 products.
4. Always wear a cycling helmet and other protective gear.