Speed limiter: suppressed
Display shows: actual values
Activated by: WALK button
Diagnostics necessery while installation: NO
Revolutionary process-control module
SpeedBox2 for Yamaha PW-X 2018 is a revolutionary process-control module which suppresses the speed limiter of your electric bike. After installation and activation of your SpeedBox for Yamaha the display will show actual values. Values such as maximum speed, average speed, distance travelled daily and range are correctly displayed.
If you have a new bike which hasn't been ridden at all, you must ride it at least 1 or 2 kilometers before you install the SpeedBox tuning kit.
The SpeedBox2 for Yamaha PW-X tuning kit is activated by briefly pressing the WALK button, which is located at the front of the control panel. After pressing this button, the current speed of 9.9 km/h will be displayed on the control panel for about 2 seconds. This means that the SpeedBox2 for Yamaha PW-X tuning kit has been activated.
When the WALK button is pressed again, the current speed of 2.5 km/h will be displayed. This means that the SpeedBox2 for Yamaha PW-X has been deactivated, and everything will work as if the speedbox had never been installed. The supplementary assistance of your electric bike now works up to its original speed limit of 25 km/h.
SpeedBox2 for YAMAHA PW-X:
Installation of SpeedBox2 for YAMAHA:
1. Remove the battery from the electric bike.
2. Loosen the 6 bolts holding the motor's plastic cover.
3. Slightly loosen the screw holding the motor at the lowest point but do not pull it out!
4. Loosen and remove the two bolts holding the motor on the top.
5. Tilt the motor downwards.
6. Disconnect the speed sensor and the display plugs from their sockets.
7. Connect the SpeedBox2 plugs into the speed sensor and display sockets
8. Connect the speed sensor and the display plugs from motor to the SpeedBox sockets.
9. Insert the SpeedBox2 into the frame tube.
10. Pivot the motor upward towards the frame.
11. Screw in the three bolts holding the motor and tighten them. Ideally, the torque wrench should be set to the torque specified on the bolt washer.
12. Put the motor's plastic cover on, and screw it back in place using the six bolts.
13. Reinstall the battery.
How to use the SpeedBox2 for YAMAHA:
1. Turn on the electric bike.
2. Activation and deactivation is performed by using the light button which is located on the handlebars.
3. The SpeedBox2 is always deactivated,when you initially turn on your E-Bike.
4. The first time the LIGHT button is pressed, the current speed of 5.0 km/h is displayed on the control panel for about 2 seconds. This confirms that the SpeedBox2 is activated, and the supplementary assistance of your electric motor will now work up to a speed of 50 km/h.
5. When you press the LIGHT button again, the current speed of 2.5 km/h is displayed. This confirms that the SpeedBox2 has been deactivated, and everything works as if the SpeedBox had never been installed. The supplementary assistance of your electric bike now works up to its original speed limit of 25 km/h.
1. Make sure that the use of the SpeedBox products are not against the law in the country in which you intend to use your electric bike.
2. Be aware of your surroundings when riding.
3. The manufacturer bares no responsibility for damages resulting from the use of SpeedBox1 and/or SpeedBox2 products.
4. Always wear a helmet and other protective gear.